Time: 5 p.m. (CET)
- Heike Brötz-Oesterhelt (University of Tuebingen, Germany)
- Scott J. Hecker (Qpex Biopharma, USA)
- Kim Lewis, Northeastern University Distinguished Professor, Director, Antimicrobial Discovery Center (USA)
In this webinar, the speakers will discuss the breadth of new approaches to antibiotic discovery with a focus on resolving bottlenecks.
Presentation 1: Natural products in antibacterial drug discovery (Heike Brötz-Oesterhelt)
- This presentation will focus on examples of antibacterial agents with complex modes of action, methodology for antibacterial mode of action elucidation, and characteristics of natural products as the starting point for antibacterial drug discovery.
Presentation 2: Discovery of Xeruborbactam (QPX7728), an Ultra-broad-spectrum Boronic Acid Inhibitor of Serine and Metallo Beta-lactamases (Scott J. Hecker)
- This presentation will describe a discovery program seeking a next-generation boronic acid beta-lactamase inhibitor and culminating with xeruborbactam (QPX7728), now in clinical development.
Audience questions will be answered at the end of the webinar.
This live webinar including an interactive Q&A session will be broadcast on 11 October 2022, 17:00-18:30 CEST. Find more time zones here.
If you have questions or comments, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.