PhD Position (d/f/m, E 13 TV-L, 65%) in Bacterial Metabolomics (EN)
Exzellenzcluster CMFI | Ab sofort
The Bacterial Metabolomics Group of the Cluster of Excellence "Controlling Microbes to Fight Infections" (CMFI) at the University of Tübingen advertises a
PhD Position (d/f/m, E 13 TV-L, 65%) in Bacterial Metabolomics
to be filled as soon as possible. The position is initially limited to three years.
The research group Bacterial Metabolomics headed by Prof. Dr. Hannes Link is looking for a PhD student. The successful candidate will work on a multidisciplinary research project aimed at investigating bacterial metabolism, and how it influences microbiomes and antibiotic action. For the position,
we offer salary according to TV-L, E13 (65%). The possibility to work on a PhD thesis is given. You can find more information about our group at https://www.linkmetabolism.com.
• Designing and implementing experiments to investigate metabolic networks of bacteria, metabolic interactions between bacteria and how metabolism influences antibiotic action. This research will include metabolomics, proteomics, transcriptomics and CRISPR-based tools.
• Development of metabolomics methods to measure bacterial metabolites with targeted and untargeted metabolomics (using an Agilent 6495 QQQ for targeted metabolomics and an Agilent 6546 qTOF for untargeted and real-time metabolomics).
• Analyzing and interpreting metabolomics data using various bioinformatics tools. Integration of metabolomics data with other omics-data types (especially from genomic screens).
• Preparing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
• Presenting research findings at national and international conferences.
• Collaborating with other members of the research team.
• Master degree in microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology or a related subject.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
• Programming skills are a plus (Python, MATLAB or a related language)
• Scientific creativity and driven to address fundamental biological questions
Send your application as one pdf file by email to email@example.com. The pdf file should contain: a cover letter, your CV and certificates.
The review of applications will begin in March 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
The university advocates equal rights for all genders and therefore urges women and gender-diverse people to apply. Equally qualified applicants with disabilities will be given preference.
The hiring process is carried out by the central administration of the university.